Friday, April 12, 2013

Posting Again

I started this review blog as a requirement for a graduate level course in my library science program. Therefore, the audience was geared towards other librarians and teachers. I wanted to include book connections that teachers could use to entice excitement for the book or include in a display. I tried to find read-alikes for book suggestions or to find a connection to the new book to get a reader interested. I personally like reading short blog posts as I don't have much time in my day to read multiple reviews, so the posts are on the concise side with a short summary and my impression. I try to include strengths and weaknesses as well as what I think the kid's will think of the book within the short review. 
Now that I'll be transitioning the blog to use within my school community, the reviews will be geared more to my student audience and whether or not I think they will like or gain anything from the books reviewed. There is no rhyme or reason to the books that will be reviewed. Some may be new, some old that I've never read before. Some may be for younger students and some may be for high school level. For the time being, the form and signature contributions may change or evolve depending on what I think is best to include about a book to reach the intended audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment